11 Quick Back to School Safety Tips for Students & Motorists
– Always walk on the sidewalk (if possible) and never dart across the road unexpectedly
– Always look both ways before crossing the street
– Always cross the street in a marked crosswalk, and wait until the crossing guard says it is safe to proceed
– Stop, look, and listen for traffic before getting off the school bus
– When exiting the school bus, walk 10 feet in front of the bus and wait for the driver to signal that it is OK to cross the street
– Put cell phones and tablets in your school bag when boarding and exiting the bus
– Reduce your speed in school zones
– Watch out for increased pedestrian traffic
– Be alert for children near schools, buses and parking lots
– Use extra caution when driving through areas where school buses are operating
– Always stop and never attempt to pass a school bus when its red lights are flashing
Shadow Security wishes all students the best for a happy and safe school year!
Hosting an event?
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT SHADOW SECURITY SERVICES CAN DO FOR YOU.